Dominque’s Top Ten Books:
Siddhartha
Jane Eyre
On The Road
The Tempest (not exactly a book but so what)
Cannery Row
Soul on Ice
Psychotic Reactions & Carburetor Dung
The Drunken Boat
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
I remember reading Siddhartha at Mary MacD's house. She was a neighbor and I babysat her sons Jason and Jon. Mary was good to me when, as a teen, I had my first child. There is a poem about her in my other blog (an older post) Bluemoonnortheast.blogspot.com called Experiment Number Five-forty-two. Mary loved my artwork and listened to my poetry. In particular, she adored a linoleum block print of mine which I thought strange and ugly. It was the profile of seated woman and there was a fly hidden in the cut. I remember she helped me print it in several colors, on different paper (both hers). We lay the wet prints around her kitchen and dining room to dry. At some point during all the tragedy and drama of my pregnancy and young heartbreak, Mary wrote a poem for me. I have it somewhere. I have the print too. If I find either I’ll post them. I do recall this much of the poem, it advised that on days when I might feel heartbroken, that I should remember when I was a little girl watching the snails in my mother’s garden. Of course none of this has to do with Siddhartha or your list of ten Dominque, except, if you had not shared I would not have gone there this morning and I am so grateful that you did and I have, Namaste.
By the way, I was very moved and and impressed reading Siddartha. Had I thought of it I would’ve included it in my Top Ten too.
1 comment:
A beautiful memory, a beautiful book. I hesitate to say anything, so I will just say this - I found yr shadow and I have one cat who indeed plots to kill us all. The other is a guardian angel.
Post a Comment